Friday, December 11, 2009

New Ventures

I recently started sharing a studio with another artist friend named Cody Feiler. I hope that this will lead to me dedicating more time to drawing, writing, and having more of a constant creative output. The studio is at St. Joseph's. This last Sunday there was an open house at St. Joe's and I got to meet a lot of the other artists that also have studios there.

I have a lot of hope for what to accomplish in the studio. There are many projects that I have wanted to do. And mediums that I have wanted to experiment with. I am glad to have a space to do things and even leave some projects in temporary stasis until I can complete them.

Some projects I have already started. Like a series of wire sculpture skeletons that I hope to grow to fifty in number. I have hopes of doing more charcoal drawings and possibly some painting to carry out my influence of Antony Micallef. I would also like to incorporate my love and borderline fanaticism with Egon Schiele, the raw beauty of James Jean's sketchbooks, the ravenous sighing nature of Lucian Freud's paintings, and the beauty that pervades all those works by the expressionists, surrealists, and mystics that were obsessed with Freud and Lacan. But it might be best to start off with only a few things before I become overwhelmed by the shear mass of all my ideas coming to fruition.

Who knows? I might also be able to use the space to compile more poetry and short fictions that lie strewn in fragments throughout my sketchbooks. We will see. I will try to put some works in progress pictures up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment