Friday, March 27, 2009

Progerian Progression

Last year I was looking at myself in the mirror and I noticed an exorbitant amount amount of ear hair growing from auditory organs. For a split second I thought to myself, I think I have an aging disease. Because there definitely should not be that much hair for a person my age. Mere seconds afterward I realized that this is an absolute ludicrous thought. I also realized the humor in having such thoughts.

Upon confessing this to one of my friends he responded.

"Oh yeah, when I was 13 I was examining that space in betwixt my ball sack and my anus."
"Your taint?" I said.
"Yeah, well I looked at it and for that second I thought, was I born a girl and they just sewed me up?"

I love the way that one's openness compels others to be open as well. The joy that we get to share is exponential.

Post Post

I did not trim my ear hair because it was during the year that I neither trimmed a hair on my face or body (kind of like No Shave November only longer). It was not a Nazarite vow or anything. It was more a practice in restraint. And training for the World Beard and Mustache Championships (WBMC) which I will not attend due to all my hair falling out during chemo. Otherwise, Jack Passion, you never stood a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment