Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Road


Cormac McCarthy's ominous possibly prophetic post-apocalyptic Pulitzer Prize winning novel The Road has been turned into a movie. Viggo Mortensen portrays the man. Nick Cave and Warren Ellis do the score. John Hilcoat directs the film. He also directed the Proposition. A film which also featured Nick Cave in the music department as well as being the screenwriter. Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the score to the Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. A score which I listen to often. If any of this sounds familier to you I highly suggest reading the book and getting hyped up for the film. Personally, I don't know if I am more exicted for the score or the film. Either way this film goes on the list of films coming out in 2009 that I want to see. Tack this on with Dagur Kari's The Good Heart and Lars Von Trier's Wasington.

No comments:

Post a Comment