Saturday, July 4, 2009

Breaksea Caravel Tour Part 5

The new van courtesy of Groundstaff
For the last part of the tour we went back to Germany. We went to Hof then to Cologne and then back to Hof. In between shows we took a little vacation. Some of us stayed in Cologne and others went elsewhere in Europe. To Scotland and Portugal. Diego obviously went back to Switzerland. Why wouldn't he?

Motoki
Leaving Switzerland we ran into a bit of trouble. We broke one of the mirrors on the van we borrowed as we attempted to squeeze ourselves into a tunnel. We also seemed to acquire a parking ticket. This led to a little bit of stress. Combine this with a long drive and arriving late to the show in Hof. It was one of the less pleasant days on tour.

Motoki with Judith and Willi
We parted ways for a few days. Noah, Isaac, Christa, and I decided to go early to Cologne. We also took a day trip into the Netherlands and Belgium. We had a great time, but I think that I will leave that for another post.

Motoki
While in Cologne we stayed at an awesome place called Motoki. Our friends who are in a band called Lingby booked us a show and set us up a places to stay. The show was coincidentally also located at Motoki. This was my favorite show that we played. The people there were so great and welcoming. It was a joy to be there.

We played two more shows in Hof before the tour ended. The shows were great. The people at Hof were great. Most of us left over the next two days. But I decided to stay longer. First in Switzerland and then in Germany. Altogether the whole tour was amazing. I loved it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Much love to all my bandmates across the globe. I hope to see you again on the road soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment