Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are


1980s Moishe
Dude, he is so awesome!
It is no secret to my friends that I have a slight obsession with stuffed animals from the 1980s. I own a few E.T.s, Multiple Alf dolls as well as a few others I deemed rad enough to keep the others company.

For a long time I have coveted a certain series of stuffed animals. They are the ones based off of Maurice Sendak's childhood masterpiece Where The Wild Things Are. One of the rare finds can be seen above. As rare as they are they also fetch a pretty penny when they are sold. Hence, my hesitation in collecting them. Luckily, fate has given me a second chance.

Due to the upcoming release of the Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers film based on the legendary book the toys are being released as well. Although they are not as awesome as the vintage ones. (Rarely things ever are) Crocodile Creek is releasing the line in seven, twelve, and fourteen inch sizes. Some are puppets and some are just stuffed. All I am saying is that I can't wait for these to flood the market and then drop in price so I can buy these things. I mean they are not vintage, but at least I could have them without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment