Thursday, April 2, 2009

etc.



When I was attending college I would stop maybe once or twice a week at a Starbucks in the area to get what was the closest source of caffeine before or in between classes. I would go in and order my drink. They would ask me my name and I would pick up my drink and leave. This went on with general anonymity for quite some time. Around this time I had bought a belt buckle at a thrift store. The buckle was an old and made of brass with the letters GARY formed out of its shape. I was wearing this buckle when I found myself in the need of a caffeine fix before my philosophy class. I walked up to the counter and ordered my drink, but when the barista asked for my name. I lifted my shirt and pointed towards my crotch. The man across the counter lowered his head only to jerk it up as he looked to his left saying, "Gary, alright." I got my drink and left. The next week when I went in to get another fix, as soon as I enter the door I hear from behind the counter, "Gary! The Usual?"

No comments:

Post a Comment