Saturday, May 23, 2009

Breaksea Caravel Tour Part 1


Well my friends the tour may be over but that doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had. Especially the fun of reflection and documentation. The tour's first leg took place in Karlsruhe, Germany. This is where the Steiger House is located. And this is where we stayed. I had the incredible pleasure of staying with the lovely folks seen above: Janek and Lena. We spent the first few nights watching the band members trickle in from the airports around us. We greeted each other warmly and when we finally had the chance to practice the songs it went as smooth as butter on baked bread. We then spent the evenings catching up and celebrating each other's company.


Most of us did not battle jet lag too hard. Though some of us did decide to turn in early those first few nights. We then spent the days busking and bartering our ways through flea markets. The greatest treasure I would have to say went to Isaac; a black skull and cross bones ceramic tobacco pipe. I however made my way out with a few grand purchases as well.

The first few shows were gladly shared with a wonderful band named Black Swift. Which coincidentally features one of our good friends who transplanted to Germany Sally Grayson. Black Swift seen below was great. The music definitely grew on me over the coarse of the tour and I highly recommend you give them a listen.


This semi-concludes the first part. There are much more photos which can be seen on my flickr. And there soon will be more here during part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment