Monday, May 11, 2009

Imaginary Dreams

I dreamed I actually knew the language of the countries that I have attended. I imagined opening my mouth and like Peter and being understood by all. With my tongue ablaze I talked minimally as if I could not speak at all. I wandered the streets and allies in silence. I saw great heights and tiny intricacies. When I finally open my mouth it is only to order coffee or a roll of bread. And when I sat looking at the mountains above me that lined the horizon I thought of the times that I was near the ocean. Being next to something so vast and infinite it is impossible to know it entirely. It is here next to such monoliths that I recognize my place in this world. For we are all part of that great glacier flow. Slowly traveling silently from one infinity to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment