Thursday, April 23, 2009

Looming in the Loo

I am one of those bathroom readers. I like to spend exorbitant amount of time sitting upon the plaster throne enriching my life with literature while crusties solidify themselves on my behind. Sometimes I think that I get a little too comfortable in the toilet, though. I find myself doing things other than just reading. Like writing this blog or, God forbid, eating. I have even brushed my teeth once while sitting on the toilet just to save time. My favorite times are when I am on the toilet reading poetry. For I personally believe that poetry should be read aloud. It takes on a new dimension as the words roll off the tongue. I would not take this as far as some who say that poetry should never be translated. Only spoken in its original tongue. But to hear myself in a small room with such good acoustics makes me feel like the words wrap around me like a winter coat. I almost feel like suggesting to my friends to read poetry to themselves in the bathroom. But then I realize that would be crazy. So I keep the secret to myself.

This is the only pic I could find to fit the blog. Thanks to idiot comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment