Monday, June 1, 2009

Breaksea Caravel Tour Part 2


Nik

To be honest I really don't know where to begin when it comes to part two. We played Pforzheim, Karlsruhe, Nurtingen, Stutgartt. I think I more remember the back stage and the people then the performances themselves. I think that is always the case.

I can say that I missed greatly the cracked sizzle crash/ride that was left back in Minneapolis. I knew it's limits and tones so well. I pretty much played with a different ride and or crash each night and it became very frustrating. Nonetheless, I don't think anyone other than me or Nate really noticed too much. Plus, Nate makes it easier for me to deal with making mistakes by playing so well in spite of them. Thank you Nate. You are one of my best buddies in the whole wide world. I love you.

Nate

As for the people I came to love our hosts Janek and Lena who were at every show they could make and danced when the spirit led them. I also very much enjoyed getting to know the other members of Black Swift. Steffen and I got into some great conversations concerning music, history, poetry, movies and the other usual topics that come up when you meeting someone for the first time. I still need to find an English translation of Siegbert Stehmann. Not to demean any of the other people I met at this time we will just have to leave some for later and move on.

Lena and Ivy

The most lasting highlight of this part of the tour will have to be Scruffy's. Scruffy owns an Irish pub in Karlsruhe that has his namesake. He was at our outdoor show. When he saw us he invited us to his pub to be there for his birthday celebration. It was a great time. Guinness, Strongbow, Whisky, Whiskey, and salt and vinegar chips. This was not the only time I was at Scruffy's. In fact it has become my regular hang out in Karlsruhe. Almost like Tracy's back in Minneapolis but with no wooden nickels.

Up next I think I will talk more about our time with Sally and Marcus. Our time at their place in Stuttgart and the final part of the tour with their band. After that maybe Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment