Thursday, June 11, 2009

Found Poetry

I was reading the Sunday edition of the New York Times. There was an article about found poetry that was found on the Missed Connections section of Craigslist. This inspired me to find some of my own. I found this online. All I did was break it up into stanzas. The title is the heading of the subject listing.

I Dreamt About You Again

We were in my room with everybody upstairs.
We were dressed but crawled into my bed for a nap.
You spooned into me, I put my arm around you,
you reached back and had your hand
in my back pocket (wierd I know) it felt so nice and right.
We just laid there and slept, I can still smell your shampoo.

I love you so much...

I have a fantasy about you coming
to bed with me in just those boots,
everytime you wear them it's the
only image in my head.

Sometimes I'd like to take you by the shoulders,
shake you gently and say wake up wake up
you're dreaming and need to wake up.
I'm meant for you, you are meant for me,
wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment