Thursday, June 18, 2009

On A Blood Red Moon

I wrote this a while back. I re-edited it while I was in Germany. I've always liked it. It has a lyrical flow that I enjoy. I haven't named it, but for now it can just go by it's opening line.


On a Blood Red Moon

On a blood red moon
I was mistaken for you.
Well, I took a vow.
I wrote it down.
By my blood I will hunt you
'Til you are found.
For there were crimes
I did not commit.
But when you took to your heals
For them I was fit.
Then I grew a rage.
I put on a red faced rampage.
Like a lunar lupus
I cried like the loon.
I flew threw the trees
And I caught up to you.
And with a dog-pile dive
My fists ready to fly,
We were paused by a force
Who set us as their coarse.
When they could not derive
The worm from the wise.
We swung there like wind chimes
Like wind chimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment