Friday, June 12, 2009

Shoes



Recently, I have made a resolution. I want to make a pair of my own shoes. So I have been looking at different shoes and how they are designed. Thinking about how I would make my own. I'd like to make them out of leather. So I was thinking about re-using old purses or jackets I find in thrift stores or from the backs of old couches. I might even make a prototype pair out of canvas from old backpacks, jackets, tents, or work jeans. For the soles I was thinking inner-tubes, tires, or just leather.

In my search for a good design my sister told be about Toms shoes. Which kind of make me just want to buy shoes from them instead of making my own. If you have never heard of them I suggest checking them out.

I know when people think of someone making his or her own shoe you think of moccasins. And maybe I would make a moccasin boot, but my ideas tend to lean more toward the comfort and simplicity of Indian khussas, Kung Fu shoes, split sole dance shoes, soft sole boots, rock climbing shoes, house shoes, deck shoes, driving shoes, button up shoes, and the crativeness of all different shoes that use interesting material, designs, and faceners.

We will see how it works out. I might post the progress here if it starts to look like something worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment