Friday, June 26, 2009

Journal Review


I just finished filling up a journal. And as I have found customary when I fill a new one, I like to review my previous journals. I do this to review my progress and also become inspired. I like to see things that I once drew or wrote and try to work on those themes now. Sometimes I am surprised and dumbfounded by what I have previously created. There are things that I do not remember putting down on paper.



I actually do not have all my journals here in California, but I decided to post some things that were written or drawn that I find inspiring. Or things that I am proud of and just think are worth sharing.


What We Know Not

Her fair freckled face
Fully braced to greet
The day gave way
To gracious giggles
And lucid gaze.

But weary wrinkled stoic eyes
Meet old age puberty in disguise.

"Why me Oh Lord?"
They cry together
"Let me die."

One with dire desire
The other with
Insolent innocence.

We are all in search
Of what we know not.

All of these drawings and the poem were taken from a hand made journal that was given to me from my friend Ryan Hett. He actually makes these and sells them under the moniker A Boy Named Coy. All of the drawings were done with Bic pens. The photos that are shown were actually found in a wallet that had no identification or monetary value. My journals are usually filled with found objects, post cards, receipts, and scraps of paper that I have drawn or written things.

No comments:

Post a Comment